About the Publisher
Colégio Brasileiro de Reprodução Animal - CBRA (Brazilian College of Animal Reproduction) was founded in 1974 as a nonprofit technical scientific association. CBRA is very well known in Brazil for the promotion of continuing education in animal reproduction and biology through the organization of conferences and publication of scientific and technical journals.
Av. Cel. José Dias Bicalho 1224, Lj. 4
Bairro São José, Belo Horizonte - MG
Brasil - CEP 31.275-050
Horário - 8:00 hs às 17:00 hs
Tel: (31) 3491-7122
As the oldest society on animal reproduction in Brazil, CBRA is proud to be responsible for organizing two major meetings and publishing two journals:
Congresso Brasileiro de Reprodução Animal: created over four decades ago, this biennial national meeting gathers more than 600 participants.
International Symposium on Animal Biology of Reproduction: this smaller and more specialized meeting is held every other year and brings more than 20 international speakers to interact with Brazilian researchers seeking to foster collaborative work with other countries.
Animal Reproduction (ISSX 1984-3143, online): an open access online journal released in 2014 as an international journal, this periodical is fully published in English and includes many foreign authors.
Revista Brasileira de Reprodução Animal: (ISSN 1809-3000, online; 0102-0803, print): this open access online journal released 40 years ago and electronically in 2005 publishes articles in English and Portuguese related to technical practices on animal reproduction.
Manual para exame andrológico e avaliação de sêmen animal: an animal andrology handbook, organized and published in partnership with the Brazilian Ministry of Agriculture.
CBRA has also organized the 15th International Congress on Animal Reproduction, held in 2004; the 30th International Conference on Animal Genetics, held in 2006; the 5th International Symposium on Stallion Reproduction - ISSR, held in 2008, bringing together students, researchers and practitioners in the fields of veterinary medicine, animal science, biology, and other areas of interest on the biology of reproduction.
Every four years, a new president, vice-president, secretary and treasurer are elected to assist with organizing and managing the Society.
A new mandate started as of July 2019 including the following members:
- Marcelo Rezende Luz, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
- Ivan Cunha Bustamante Filho, Universidade do Vale do Taquari - Univates, Lajeado, RS, Brazil
- Carlos Eduardo Ambrósio, Universidade de São Paulo, Pirassununga, SP, Brazil
- Alexandre Rodrigues Silva, Universidade Federal do Semi Arido, Mossoró, RN, Brazil
- Mayara Ferreira Brito, Centro Universitário Newton Piava, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
- Felipe Zandonadi Brandão, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Niteroi, RJ, Brazil
- Prof. Marcelo Resende Luz, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais - Belo Horizonte - MG
- Prof. Felipe Zandonadi Brandão, Universidade Federal Fluminense - Niteroi - RJ
- Prof. Dr. Carlos Eduardo Ambrosio, Universidade de São Paulo, Pirassununga, SP
- Prof. Alexandre Rodrigues Silva, Universidade Federal Rural do Semi Árido, Mossoró, RN
CBRA is a nonprofit organization whose only source of revenue comes from membership and sponsorship of conferences. Advertisements are not allowed on the journals.